Business Development Associate – Houston, TX.
Business Development Associate – Houston, TX.
Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: S - BS - 002
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Department: Sales Department
As an Business Development Associate, your time and efforts will be focused on proactively developing new customer accounts while supporting and growing an existing customer base. You will be expected to sell and position BGI’s portfolio of multi-omics services such as DNA sequencing, RNA sequencing, proteomics and gene regulatory and epigenetic assay services to academic, institutional, biotech, and pharmaceutical company customers. You will report to the RSM.
· Developing new customer accounts and generate sales revenue from BGI’s genomics service offerings
· Represent BGI in all sales-related activities for assigned territory including identifying potential genomics collaborations
· Lead projects that require coordinating a cross-functional team; internal lab personnel, investigators, internal project managers and orchestrate potential collaborations
· Utilization and maintenance of salesforce database
· Provide account forecasts on a bi-monthly and monthly basis to sales management
· Minimum of 1 to 2 years sales experience of selling biological services and/or products (e.g., genomic assays to academia, institutions, and in biotech and pharmaceutical companies
· Experience in two or more of the following areas is preferred: RNA and DNA sequencing, array-based service, assay development, bioinformatics.
· Track record of maintaining and growing relationships with institution principals and top Pharmaceutical accounts.
· Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences preferred with a knowledge of molecular biology and/or genomics (M.S. or Ph.D. also preferred)
· Experience in developing new customer accounts is a must
· Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Must be available for 25-50% travel
· Work remotely, out of a home office
Salary & Benefits:
· Salary is commensurate with experience; base salary plus commission
· Medical, Dental and 401k
BGI Americas Corporations BGI (formerly known as Beijing Genomics Institute) was founded in Beijing on Sept 9th, 1999 with the mission of supporting the development of science and technology, building strong research teams, and promoting the development of scientific partnership in genomics field. With a goal toward excellence, high efficiency, and accuracy, BGI has successfully completed a large number of projects. These include sequencing 1% of the human genome for the International Human Genome Project, contributing 10% to the International Human HapMap Project, carrying out research to combat SARS, being a key player in the Sino-British Chicken Genome Project, and completely sequencing the rice genome, the silkworm genome, and, most recently, the first Asian diploid genome. Much of this research has been published in the top international academic journals Nature and Science, which witnessed the path of BGI from projects participation to leading the development of genomics. In conjunction with carrying out these projects, BGI has established its own technical platforms based on large-scale genome sequencing, efficient bioinformatics analyses, and innovative genetic health care initiatives. These distinguished achievements have made a great contribution to the development of genomics in both China and the world, and have established BGI as a world-class research institution. In the course of attaining these goals, BGI has undergone a historic breakthrough from the number one genomics institute in Asia to one of the leading genomics institutes in the world. Throughout its short history, BGI has created an institutional structure that is characterized by systematization and innovation, institutional integration, technological platform development and product commercialization. This collaborative system, all of which is powered by the study of genomics, enables BGI to rapidly move from basic research to application.
On April 27th, 2010, BGI Americas was founded and set up its main office in Boston, MA, U.S.A. BGI America offers scientific and technological collaboration and services to all countries in North, Central, and South America, provides R&D in technology and product development, and seeks opportunities of cooperative projects in the fields of sequencing and bioinformatics.
BGI values our employees as we believe they are the driving force behind our successful performance. Sales professionals will be responsible for promoting our services and products to as wide an audience as possible and work to maximize sales, in strict compliance with our rules of ethics.
BGI Americas Corporation. One Broadway, 3rd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02142
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job please forward a cover letter, salary history and CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the Location and Req ID for the position that you are applying for.
Posted on November 18, 2014